Director of Software Development
Sara graduated from Cambridge University and obtained her DPhil from Oxford University. She has worked in a number of different industries over the past 15 years as a systems analyst, software developer and project manager.
Her skills include DNS, DNSSEC, DNS Privacy, Requirements Analysis, OO Analysis and Design, Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development. She was the project manager for OpenDNSSEC for two years.
- C-DNS: A DNS Packet Capture Format - Internet Draft describing a DNS specific format for efficient capture of DNS traffic.
- DNS Session Signaling - Internet Draft describing an EDNS0 mechanism for per-session signalling
- Authentication and (D)TLS Profile for DNS-over-(D)TLS – Internet Draft describing now DNS Privacy clients can authenticate DNS Privacy servers
- RFC7858 : Specification for DNS over TLS (contributing author)
- RFC7828 : The edns-tcp-keepalive EDNS0 Option – defines an EDNS0 option to enable idle timeout management of DNS-over-TCP sessions.
- RFC7766 : DNS Transport over TCP – Implementation Requirements – a bis version of RFC5966, (DNS Transport over TCP – Implementation Requirements)
Selection of past presentations:
- IETF EDU Privacy Tutorial (IETF 97, Seoul, 2016)
- DNS Privacy Project (RIPE 72 in 2016)
- How we are developing a next generation DNS API for applications (OARC 24 in 2016)
- Using TLS for DNS privacy in practice (OARC Fall workshop 2015 – starts 27 mins in)
- DNSSEC for Legacy Applications (DNSSEC Workshop, Dublin ICANN 54 2015)
- Hedgehog update (RIPE 69 Open Source WG 2014)
- DNSCCM (OARC and RIPE63 DNS WG in 2011)